Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Nursery for Rylie

This has to be my very favorite room in my entire house! I painted and decorated this room when I was about 4 months pregnant with Rylie! We waited all most 10 years for this little girl and I was excited! I wanted her room to be over the top CUTE! I want a sophisticated room that she could grow into...and I love green so when I found this bedding I designed her room around it.


I found the crib and dresser hutch at a local discount furniture store DownEast Home and fell in love with it! It was a little more expensive then I would have liked but the crib makes into a toddler bed and then a full size bed so we will use this set for years to come.

Most of the other details in the room were things that I already owned and repainted. The R is from Hobby Lobby. It was gold so I painted it cream and added some ribbon and vinyl polka dots. 
 I bought the 2 black mirrors at Pier 1 imports years ago. They were silver so I spray painted them a glossy black and they look like new again.


I absolutely LOVE this little grand father clock! I bought it almost 10 years ago at Target when my oldest daughter was a baby. It was white and had a pink floral clock face. I repainted it black and used polka dot scrapbook paper and a new vinyl clock face to give it a whole new look! LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment